The main events for Exeter Literary Festival take place in Exeter Library and Exeter Custom House between Friday 5th and Sunday 7th November. There is an opening event in the Royal Albert Memorial Museum (RAMM) on Saturday 9th October. There are partner events at a variety of venues in Exeter in October and early November. All events are being held indoors.
During the festival, our number one priority is the safety and wellbeing of our audiences, speakers, volunteers and organising team. Our risk assessments are in place and we have obtained the ‘We’re Good to Go’ Industry Standard Mark. As you would expect, we will continue to follow government guidelines throughout the festival period.
These are the measures we are taking to help keep everyone as safe as possible:
• we have obtained the Industry Standard Mark – meaning we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines.
• we have completed a risk assessment for each venue
• we will turn away people with COVID-19 symptoms
• safety instructions, signposting and markings will be in place
• we will endeavour to ensure there is adequate ventilation at all the venues (you might want to bring something warm to wear in case it’s chilly)
• we have reduced our seating capacity
• we will clean the venues often and, if you prefer, you can wipe down your own seat with the wipes provided
• hand sanitiser will be readily available
• we have a Track & Trace QR code if you want to check in.
• If there are any changes to an event you have booked we will contact you via the details you have provided.
We ask the following from our audience:
• do not attend if you, or any of your party, are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have had a positive COVID-19 test. (you may wish to consider taking a lateral flow test before you attend your event).
• follow any signage and instructions given
• have your printed ticket ready to show the steward upon arrival or have the ticket ready to show on your mobile phone screen
• try to maintain a social distance from others when not seated at events.
• wear your face covering while inside the venues
• use the hand sanitiser provided by the Festival at all venues.
• in the event of an emergency, follow stewards’ instructions
• if you have a positive test within days of attending the festival, please notify us immediately.